“Angels without Borders”
16th-18th February at Newcastle City Hall, Newcastle, New South Wales
The Conference theme for 2011, “Angels without Borders” reflects the national and international trend to foster the break down of barriers at every level (knowledge, skills, industry, sector, group, distance, jurisdiction, etc.) and promote syndication, coinvestment and collaboration to support the growth of the companies in which Angels invest. Experienced Angels and entrepreneurs will describe effective governance and mentoring strategies.
Sessions focus on international Angel investment best practices covering key issues including consideration of a possible investment through to managing risk, relationships and strategies to enable successful exits from investments.
- share in the latest in Angel education at the Master Classes;
- hear about real Angel deals that are in the works;
- get the latest research on the Australian Angel sector;
- review trends in Angel investment around the world;
- learn how Angel investments can be more successful;
- explore the construction of an Angel exit; and
- understand Angels building communities of interest with their corporate partners.
AAAI will present the views of Angels and other investors and professionals from across Australia and around the world.
- Nelson Gray, Angel & LINC Scotland Board Member (Scotland)
- Sasha Mirchandani, Mumbai Angels (India)
- Fernando Prieto, Southern Angels (Chile)
- Wong Poh Kam, BANSEA (Singapore)
- Rob Scott, Angels Shanghai (China)
- Daniel Mothersill, President of NACO (Canada)