Nelson Gray has been appointed the Expert adviser to the Medibtikar project to assist the Arab Science and Technology Foundation (ASTF) in setting up a National Business Angel network for Jordan.The first visit to Amman took place in April 2009 with the following objectives:
- Raise awareness of the business community about the activity of business angels and the interest of being organized into networks;
- Raise awareness of the financial and private equity players about the role of the business angel and its position within the financing chain;
- Identify a number of key persons to be the leaders of a pilot business angel network in Jordan;
- Identify a support organization in Jordan to help the creation of this network;
- Set up a roadmap to the creation of a business angel network.
The highlight of the visit was the presentation on the key roll plaid by Business Angels in the funding of early stage companies at an Investors Gathering & Roundtable Discussion hosted by HRH Princess Sumaya.