Nelson Gray works both as a mentor to entrepreneurs and as an advisor to development organisations in a number of countries.
He is an adviser on, amongst other things, the development and promotion of University Technology Transfer, the establishment and operation of early stage investment funds, the
structuring of Business Angel investment syndicates and the effective use of business incubators.
At an international level Nelson has provided advice on the establishment and structuring of innovative early stage investment funds and the expansion and development of Business Angel investment Engagements have included:
- The Inter America Development Bank, Washington (angel groups)
- The International Science and Technology Centre, Moscow (commercialisation of science from former soviet weapons scientists)
- Enterprise Ireland (creation of angel groups)
- El Hassan Science City, Jordan (creation of angel group)
- Ministry of Employment and the Economy, Finland (tax incentives for angels and angel syndication)
- New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (performance assessment of the New Zealand Seed Co- Investment Fund).
- European Commission, DG Connect, development of pan European Angel Co-Investment Fund.
- World Bank, InfoDev, Development of Angel Networks in the West Indies region.